Georgia  |  Credit and Debt Law

I took a title loan for $700.00 on a 19yr old car.I due to my finances I was unable to pay the loan off.Subsequently, a month after I got the loan the transmission went out in the car.The car reg was also due to be renewed.

I was not able to do so because the car could not pass the Georgia inspection.I advised the loan company to come get the car but the Rep. "stated they weren't in the car sales business" and wanted payment only.

To make matters worse the apartment complex I live in put a sticker on the car that gave me ONLY 72 hours to register or it would be towed.I couldn't register it so I had it junked.That was 4 month ago...

Now, the loan company wants the car and they are threatening to issues a warrant if it not returned the car.I told them every time I spoke with them that the car was inoperable and they could come and repo it..Now I'm in danger of arrest for a nearly 20 yr.old car that I DON'T HAVE.I'm about a week from filing bankruptcy.Will that solve this issue or will I be arrested and stuck with paying this loan?

Signed OMG!!

P.S.

I've never been arrested in my life!