Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

Can a 20 year old date a 17 year old in the state of georgia?

Asked on 8/31/13, 4:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

YES, and have children together. See website for info on retaining the right attorney:

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 4:59 pm
Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The age of consent for sexual activity in Georgia is 16. The only problem you may have is that a 17 year old is still under the control of his or her parent, so a 20 year old who purchases alcohol, keeps the other out past curfew, or contributes to the 17 year old disobeying their parents could be looking at getting in trouble for contributing to the delinquency of a minor or interference with child custody.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at [email protected], or through our website:

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 1:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now