Georgia  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/09/10, 8:08 am

My 17-year-old niece living in Georgia was arrested on a shoplifting misdemeanor offense. In Georgia, although she is 17, she is considered an adult. She has not been to court as yet. Is there any way to prevent an arrest conviction?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/19/10, 4:32 pm by Martin Hilliard

There has already been an arrest. It will show up on her record but the disposition is what matters. You may want to have her entertain the first offender act if she isn't constant trouble. Get an attorney.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Martin G. Hilliard, PC 370 Shyrewood Drive Lawrenceville, GA 30043

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search