Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

I'm 22 years old and live in georgia. If I have sex with a 17 year old, could I get in trouble?

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

As the legal age for consent in Georgia is 16, you could not be charged with a sexual offense in Georgia so long as the contact was consensual. However, this does not mean that it is a good idea to have such a relationship with a person who is still a minor, as his/her parents could cause you trouble for contributing to the delinquency of a minor (if you furnish them alcohol or cause them to spurn their parent's authority) or possibly even interference with custody.

Please note that my answers to questions on this site are for informational purposes and should not be considered legal advice. Further, the instant response in not meant to create an attorney client relationship, and you should seek legal advice from an attorney who you have retained before acting on such advice.

Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.

No. See website for info on sex offenses: http://www.lawrencelewispc.com/pages.php?go=pinfo&PID=43

Lawrence

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia