Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

im 19 years old and i was at a party and the police came in and gave everyone citations for minor in posession of alcohol but on my citation he didnt say i was drinking or i had a beer in my hand or anything do you think my case will be dissmissed i am a first deffender ive never been in trouble before but since he cant prove i was drinking what should i do should i try to fight it in court or just pay the bond

Asked on 7/23/12, 10:25 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You're charged with a crime and potentially can be fined or jailed and face other consequences. You need a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/12, 10:38 am
S. Carlton Rouse Rouse & Co., LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You/your parents should retain a lawyer immediately.

S. Carlton Rouse, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 7/23/12, 10:50 am
Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Fight it in court or pay the bond? First, there is no bond to pay, because you were never arrested. If you pay anything in court it will be the fine, which means you will have a conviction on your record. Because you seem confused about even the process, I would suggest that you retain an attorney. See website on how to locate the right attorney: T

Read more
Answered on 7/23/12, 10:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now