Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

I was arrested and charged for a crime I didn't commit.. my lawyer says I can go to my house and retrieve personal belongings only.. the house is leased in my name my girlfriend lives with me and I'm being told I'm being evicted and once she leaves she's free to take my stuff too.anything she leaves behind my landlords get.. we r separating.. is this legal or do I have the right to get all my stuff with there being an eviction notice

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

First of all, if you have a lawyer, you need to make sure they have all of the information and are answering the questions you have. Generally, you have the right to possession of property until the eviction is completed. However, as this was posted as a criminal question, and you mentioned a girlfriend, there may be some bond condition related to her that changes matters. If she has moved out, and the bond condition only restricts you from her, you may be able to go to the house once she is gone and get your things. However, you really need to listen to your attorney, as they know what is going on.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at hmgrmg@yahoo.com, or through our website: hicksmasseyandgardner.com.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia