Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

My brother is doing time for child molestation, he was 17 and the girl "said" she was 16 but she was really 13, he found out after the fact. The prossecutor said that my brother couldn't use that "victim" lied about her age. Now 5yrs later the case was going to go to trial but right before the jury came out his lawyer offered him one last plea deal 20/8 and was told he would probably get out in 5yrs. We have came across alot of people who say that my brother didn't get a fair case. He is now in Washington State Prison and was told by the parole board that he would parole out in 17months. My question is, is there anything that me and my family can do to possibly help him get out before then or transferred to a half-way house? Thank you very much for your time.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

No one in prison got a fair trial and you tell us pretty clearly he committed the crime. If you want to help, help pay for his lawyer and visit him in prison. Otherwise, you are not involved in his criminal case.

Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.

A lot of people say? A lot of people like who? The judge that heard the case. The prosecutor. The court reporter. The baliff. The sheriff that heard the evidence in the case. Some knuckle head that does your mom hair, who has never been trained as a lawyer. See website for info on retaining the right appellate attorney: http://www.lawrencelewispc.com/pages.php?go=pinfo&PID=38

Good luck

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia