Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

I've been charged with possession of marijauna with intent to distribute. I have no prior criminal history. Recommendation was 10yrs. probation and 1 yr confinement. I would rather do 50 yrs. probation than do a day in jail. Are there any alternatives?

Asked on 4/16/13, 6:17 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are facing years in prison, and basically ruining your life, and you are asking that question on the internet instead of the best criminal lawyer you can find? The alternative is to get a lawyer, or plan on prison.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/13, 6:19 am
Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unfortunately, you do not get to pick the punishment when you are caught for a criminal offense. There are many alternatives. You need to sit down with an attorney in order to review all of the alternatives:

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/13, 9:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now