Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

If someone was convicted of murder in Georgia and received a life sentence and have now served 14 years, what do they need to do to receive a parole hearing? Would having a lawyer help and what type of lawyer?

Asked on 3/29/10, 4:44 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kendall Carter The Law Offices of Kendall W. Carter, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on if it was simply a life sentence or a life sentence without the possibility of parole. It also depends upon the defendant's disciplinary record while in custody. I cannot really advise you correctly without knowing more about the case.

Having a lawyer can help in this situation. You would be looking for a criminal attorney with experience before the GA State Board of Pardons and Parole.

Please contact me to discuss the matter further.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/10, 7:43 pm
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Of course, getting a lawyer is the way to go. Call around.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/10, 3:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now