Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

I was convicted of a non-violent felony over ten years ago. How do I get my gun rights back?

Asked on 10/13/12, 5:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joshua Sabert Lowther National Federal Defense Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Although you may be able to restore your right to possess a firearm under Georgia law, you may not possess a firearm or ammunition under federal law (18 USC Section 922(g)) unless the conviction is vacated; a simple restoration of state gun rights is insufficient to alleviate the federal prohibition.

Joshua Sabert Lowther, Esq.


[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 10/13/12, 6:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now