Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

How can I dispute the validity of a state arrest warrant? I was charged with filing a false statement, felony. On the warrant, of which I have a copy, it stated that after I filed the written statement, I testified in court that I had lied. Only one problem, I've not been to court, I've not ever testified regarding this matter, and I never stated that my original statement was untrue. I spent 6 days in jail already being extradited from Florida to Georgia. I have no background, not even a ticket.

Asked on 3/26/10, 1:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to get a local attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/10, 2:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88553 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now