Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

I have a dui case from September 2012. In Georgia another option to more jail time an heavier fine is a dui program. I already served 7 days an they say I would have to serve 3 more through the program. I asked about house arrest instead because I'm a single mom with four children. They say I would have to pay for it myself. My quetion is because this is my 2nd dui in ten years could I do the anklet instead of time an how long would I have to wear the bracelet? Also would this mess me up as Im on the waiting list for section 8 housing?

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC

Is the ankle monitor something that has been offered to you by the State? Are you currently represented? And, chances are, yes, it may hurt you with regards to section 8. If that property has a website, read it and see if it mentions anything about having an arrest record.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia