Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia


I paid a fine for something that I did not do 22 years ago for a misdemeanor charge in Georgia. The background check is showing the arrest on my record. Can I have this expungement from my record.

Asked on 5/30/07, 7:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scot Sikes Law Offices of Scot Sikes
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: expungement

Need to know more. What was the charge? Did you only pay a fine, or also receive probation? Did you actually make a court appearance and plead guilty? GA's expungment statute is quite narrow is scope. There may be other avenues to accomplish your goal however.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/07, 9:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now