Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

My girlfriend and I had a fight Monday night the 17th of June. She was snooping through my computer cuz she thought I was cheating. She found a two year old dating web site and began grilling me. I asked her to stop and tried to get my computers she wouldn't give it to me and then ran into the bathroom. I followed her in and tryed to get the computer again. In the process she bit my hand twice and she claims I grabbed her wrist and bruised it. Then we moved out into the dinning room where she elbowed in the nose, punched me in the face and a little later kneed me in the bicepe leaving a bruise. I'm concerned she is going to file assault charges against me what are my options?

Asked on 6/22/13, 10:20 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Options for what? Get away and stay away from her, and have a criminal lawyer lined up.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/13, 10:38 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Pretty simple: You end the relationship and never speak to her again (that means never). And you get a criminal lawyer lined up in case you are arrested.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/13, 1:31 pm
Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

See website for info on pressing charges:

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 11:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now