Georgia  |  Criminal Law

I opened an acct at a credit union so an employer could deposit money in the acct so I could withdraw the money & go out and purchase items for him to be put in storage and later shipped out the employer deposited the first amount of money in the acct yesterday & I went to the bank once the funds posted & withdrew the funds out of the acct so today I received a phone call from the bank stated that they were investigating the transaction and they stated that they think it may be fradulent I told the bank that I had no idea that any of the funds may be fradulent that the employer deposited & I also asks if the funds may be fradulent why would they approve the funds I need advice on what steps I should take because I don't know what is going on & I feel that the bank should of never approved the funds if they felt anything was fradulent about the deposit the employer put in the acct I've filed a police report for identity theft & fraud so now I'm trying to see what other steps can I take to protect myself

Answered on: 9/12/13, 5:26 pm by Scott Riddle

I'll just cut and paste the same answer you got before --

"You did not have a job and there was no employer and no client. You were part of an old criminal scam that, frankly, should have been obvious. That is the harsh truth. The bank dealt with you and you only, and you set up the account, deposited money, and then withdrew money, so they will look to you to pay it back. They have no relationship with anyone else."

You should also read other responses to your first question. There was no job, no employer, etc. You were part of a scam (whether or not you knew it).

Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC Suite 1530 Tower Place, 3340 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30326

Answered on: 9/12/13, 5:33 pm by Glen Ashman

Posting the same question over and over does not change the answer. To repeat the answer you got the last time (why have you still not repaid the bank and gotten a lawyer?):

*******

You never had a job and feel for a common and frankly very obvious scam. You will have to pay the bank, and you need to do that right away, in full. If you are criminally charged, and the fact the police are involved says that is likely you could face arrest, so get a criminal lawyer and stop talking to the police.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344