Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

Recently my girlfriend was arrested for violation of probation stemming from a 2007 (2 count) misdemeanor plea of simple possession < 1 oz. She was ordered to pay fine and 12 months probation. She didn't pay the fine and left the state. In 2010 she went back to Georgia and was arrested for violation of probation. I have been told there is a cash purge, but the case appears to have been sent to superior court. Is it possible to pay the cash purge and clear her of the charges?

Asked on 3/25/10, 10:34 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Douglas Rohan Castan & Lecca, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. She will have to appear before the judge.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/10, 11:17 am
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. Consult with a local attorney in the county in which she was put on probation.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/10, 12:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now