Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

My son was accused of snatching a lady cell phone by two 13 year old boys that he did not know, The boys told the detectives they attended his school and gave 2 initials for his name and gave a totally false description . Which the detective did not due his due diligence in researching how many TK went to school and if my son is not the only TK that attending the school or the children where truthful before obtaining a warrant. I need to know without doing due diligence in questing the parents 1st before obtaining this warrant if they had probable cause to ask for a warrant without doing his due diligence . Without researching if the children attended the school, if there where more then one TK, which there is 3 , or his description for getting getting the search warrant.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You need to hire your son a lawyer and should have already done so, Each day you delay in doing that harms his case.

When a warrant is issued that means a judge already considered the issue of probable cause and found probable cause.

Incidentally, posting details on the internet, where police and prosecutors can read your post, is a bad strategy, as savvy investigators can now find your post and use it to your son's disadvantage. In the future, be far more conscious of what details you put into a post.

Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.

The Magistrate judge determined that the police officer had probable cause, which is why the warrant was issued. So now, you will retain an attorney, or keep asking questions about what has already transpired. See website for info on retaining the right attorney: http://www.lawrencelewispc.com/pages.php?go=pinfo&PID=38

Good luck

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia