Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Georgia

I was fired in savannah ga as a contractor which they wrongly had me labeled for i was really an employee. But anyways i was fired for being related by marriage to my boss. I was hired in june 2012 and fired july 2013 but in may we became related by marriage some person told the ceo of my international company we were related by marriage and that was their reasons for firing me. Is this discrimination in ga? My company has a policy of no relatives working togethere but i have not seen this on paper it is just what higher ups told my boss. But them getting married was out of my control and we wernt related when i was working most of my time when i was working for them.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

In Georgia, there is no right or entitlement to a paycheck or any employment and employees can be terminated for any or no reasons (with very few exceptions for such things as unlawful discrimination). Unlawful discrimination protects people based on race, age, etc. - not relatives. From your post, assuming you were an employee, you have no legal claim.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Georgia