Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

I have been charged with DUI drugs (prescription meds with a valid prescription)in Ga. I do not, nor have I ever abused these meds. A "friend" recently admitted to putting meds in my drink hoping I would get to tired to leave their house and have to stay the night. I drove home as I had no idea what he had done and got pulled over. He is considering coming to court and admitting what he did but is very hesitant as he does not want to get charged with anything. Is there anything I can do that would avoid him being charged with anything and having him admit either in person or in writing??

David Glass Law Offices of David H. Glass, LLC

If he testifies that he drugged you, yes, he can (and will) likely be arrested on the spot. He cannot write something, because it is still an admission to a crime and it would be considered 'hearsay' in your case. He committed a crime and he should not ask you to get convicted for something that was his fault. He should talk to an attorney before testifying, and you should speak with an attorney also.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia