Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

First Offender Act

I am 40 years old, I have been a good citizen, paid my taxes, voted and until three years ago had never been in a court room except as a juror. I left a company Christmas party late on evening a was pulled over for speeding but was then charged with DUI. I blew a .12 in Geogia at the time .10 was considered the legal limit. I was advised by my attorney to plead guilty. This is my first DUI so I paid a fine, Jail time was waived, my license was suspended for 120 days, I completed 40 hours community service. Again with the exception of this event I have lived a productive, successful and law abiding life. I just learned that Georgia has a First Offender Act that allows a person convicted of a misdemeanor an opportunity to become completely exhonerated of the charge if he meets all requirements of probation period. My question is am I eligible and if so how do I go about partitioning the court for this?

J. Michael Mullis J. Michael Mullis, Attorney at Law

Re: First Offender Act

First Offender treatment is not available in your case. Georgia Statute specifically excludes first offender treatment for DUI cases.

J. Michael Mullis

www.duiguy.com

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia