Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/10/13, 10:39 pm

My 13 year old brother is going to be coming down to Georgia to stay with me for the summer. He and our mother are both residents of Illinois. We're needing to get a Child Care Power of Attorney for me to be able to act in my mother's stead such as receiving healthcare for him, placing him into any summer camps or other activities, and anything else I would need to do will he is here. I found a couple of Child Care Power of Attorney forms from and I was more looking at purchasing the POA from come because it is specifically for a single parent and seems to be more of a legalized document, but upon looking through the preview in the section where the notary signs it, it's states "signed on this day of __ in the city of __, Georgia! My mother is not going to be accompanying my brother down here so this poses a bit of a problem, since she is going to be filling out and notarizing the POA in the state of Illinois. I would like some guidance on what to do and possibly which form to take. If anyone would please take a look at both forms and give me a little direction in which way to go. My brother arrives in Georgia this sunday on June, 15, 2013. Thank you for your time.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search