Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I have a 22 year old daughter living in my home. I want to kick her out because she's disrespecful. How do I go about doing so?

Asked on 4/24/13, 9:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Give her 60 days written notice to move. If she doesn't, file a dispossessory in Magistrates Court.

Read more
Answered on 4/24/13, 9:45 am
Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Mr. Ashman. Send the notice by certified mail. You can go ahead of time to the Clerk of Magistrate in your county and look at the forms so you can be prepared at the end of the 60 days if she doesn't leave. Hopefully she will leave on her own.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/13, 9:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now