Georgia  |  Family Law

I went to court for modifacation of child suport and visitation and won. Both parties were Pro Se.I'm haveing troulbe writing the order..Can I get a general form to go by? Also dose the order need to have the form aproved by the other party. In the past orders the attornys both signed the order.

Thank you.

Bill Lewis

Answered on: 5/18/10, 6:20 pm by Glen Ashman

Since such orders are specific to the facts of a case, there is no form that will do a good job.

You have two choices. You can try to wing it and possibly mess up badly. Or you can pay a lawyer to draft a proper order. That isn't going to be that expensive.

In most courts proposed orders should be submitted to the other party for review. They may or may not, depending on the court, need two signatures.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Answered on: 5/18/10, 6:42 pm by Charles W. Field

There is no form. However, I strongly advise you to have a local attorney look over whatever you prepare to make sure it accurately states what the judge ruled. He/she may have a tough time with this since he/she wasn't there to take notes about what the judge ruled.

Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law 911 Duluth Hwy., Ste. D-3211 Lawrenceville (north Atlanta), GA 30043