Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/11/11, 7:09 am

i am going through a divorce in ga and gross about 5000 a month in which a fair amount of overtime is present. my wife served me papers with her having physical custody and a figure of 833/month was given for child support. i am a nurse and have a very flexible scd. i presently keep our 2 yr old daughter most of the time since my ex is in school but will grad in sept of this year. she does not work due to school. i want joint physical custody. does that CS figure sound right and to what degree will joint custody reduce that. i can physically have my child 50% of the time guaranteed. we live close together also. she will grad and make app. 13-15/hr. would i automatically be able to get readjusted at that point? sorry for so many details. I am looking for a good lawyer who can get me a fair deal hands down. i don't mind paying CS but not a ridiculous amount when i want my daughter half the time. any help would be appreciated. i dont want to get taken by a system designed for dead beat dads. thank you

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search