Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

i am going through a divorce in ga and gross about 5000 a month in which a fair amount of overtime is present. my wife served me papers with her having physical custody and a figure of 833/month was given for child support. i am a nurse and have a very flexible scd. i presently keep our 2 yr old daughter most of the time since my ex is in school but will grad in sept of this year. she does not work due to school. i want joint physical custody. does that CS figure sound right and to what degree will joint custody reduce that. i can physically have my child 50% of the time guaranteed. we live close together also. she will grad and make app. 13-15/hr. would i automatically be able to get readjusted at that point? sorry for so many details. I am looking for a good lawyer who can get me a fair deal hands down. i don't mind paying CS but not a ridiculous amount when i want my daughter half the time. any help would be appreciated. i dont want to get taken by a system designed for dead beat dads. thank you

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

If you were served papers you need a lawyer immediately. There is no time to delay as an answer and counterclaim are due within 30 days.

$833 might be a correct number but it would take far more information to determine amounts of support and other issues.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia