Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

i am going to file for divorce and my husband refuses to leave, how do I evict him? the home is neither of our names but is an owner financed situation. thank you

Asked on 8/21/13, 1:34 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If it is not your house, or you don't have the sole right of possession, you have no legal authority to evict (any more than he has to evict you). Discuss with your divorce lawyer.

Read more
8/21/13, 1:37 pm
Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Under the law he has as much right to remain in the residence as you do. Neither of you have the right to evict the other. I suggest you speak with a family law attorney for assistance before you start making mistakes.

Read more
8/21/13, 1:49 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Neither spouse can evict the other. In a divorce, at some point in the case, and it will not be at the beginning, a judge will decide who lives where. You need a lawyer to start that divorce.

Read more
8/21/13, 3:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now