Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

How do I find out what was put into my grandmothers will? I have an inheritance in the will and need to figure out when I will receive it and how much it is supposed to be.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Your post makes no sense as posted. You say that you know you're in a will, but then claim you haven't seen it. That makes no sense, so there's no way to respond. Repost and explain.

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

I assume from your post that your grandmother is deceased and at some point she may have told you she had put you in her will? If so, and she really did have a will, it should be probated. Go to the Probate Court of the county where your grandmother resided to see if the will has been filed and an estate opened. If there was no will, someone would have to file to be appointed Administrator of her estate. That would also be on file. Until someone is appointed Executor or Administrator by the court, no one has the right to dispose of or distribute any estate property. If you know the person who is supposed to be the Executor of the estate and he/she is not forthcoming as to the contents of the will, you may want to speak to an attorney.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia