Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

What forms and/or documents are needed to file for child custody of my son? I am the father and my son is legitimized. We have no prior custody arrangements as its all been by agreement for the past few years and were never married. His mother lives in Henry County and I can't seem to find what is needed to file for child custody.

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

"Forms and/or documents?" The care and custody of children is not a matter for "forms." To be blunt, if it is important you would want to hire a good lawyer to represent you to have the best chance of showing the judge you deserve custody. If you just file forms, you are probably wasting time and sending a message to the judge that it is not too important.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You do NOT seek custody with "forms." And while a few metro Atlanta courts (Fulton, etc) have forms online, which you could have found in about two minutes by visiting the local courts websites, a form does not testify in court, do discovery, get a guardian ad litem, etc. If this matters to you, you need a lawyer, ESPECIALLY in a county like Henry that it is very unfriendly to pro se litigants.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia