Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

What forms and/or documents are needed to file for child custody of my son? I am the father and my son is legitimized. We have no prior custody arrangements as its all been by agreement for the past few years and were never married. His mother lives in Henry County and I can't seem to find what is needed to file for child custody.

Asked on 6/06/13, 4:57 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

"Forms and/or documents?" The care and custody of children is not a matter for "forms." To be blunt, if it is important you would want to hire a good lawyer to represent you to have the best chance of showing the judge you deserve custody. If you just file forms, you are probably wasting time and sending a message to the judge that it is not too important.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 5:03 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You do NOT seek custody with "forms." And while a few metro Atlanta courts (Fulton, etc) have forms online, which you could have found in about two minutes by visiting the local courts websites, a form does not testify in court, do discovery, get a guardian ad litem, etc. If this matters to you, you need a lawyer, ESPECIALLY in a county like Henry that it is very unfriendly to pro se litigants.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 5:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now