Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/09/13, 9:34 pm

My husband was arrested with charges of Family Violence (first offense) and child endangerment(F) seeing as how our 2 year old son was present at the time he came after me. We had our first hearing today (he has a lawyer and his family has made it well known that they are friends with the judge), and the judge granted him supervised visitation without even speaking to me. When he originally called my name, he said "She has an attitude problem" and did not even know who I was. His lawyer informed the judge that they were having divorce papers sent to me. He told her I could be served then and there. The divorce papers say they are going for full custody with no visitation for me even though I have been granted temporary full custody of our son. I am just at a loss. I don't know where I stand or what I can do. Is there a way that I can have a different judge hear the case or ask for a transfer to a different county? What steps do I need to take from here? I had an appointed lawyer from the DA's office with me, and she was absolutely worthless. She sat there texting my husband's lawyer the whole time. (Also, he admitted to the arresting officers that he had, in fact, put his hands on me that night. The pictures they took of me that night were also thrown out by the judge saying that they were too dark to see anything)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search