Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My ex husband is moving from Georgia to the US Virgin Islands. He has told several people that he will not continue to pay child support for my son, because if he's over there, no one will go after him. Is this true?

Asked on 11/17/10, 11:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

They certainly can pursue him there. The child support offices in both jurisdictions work closely together.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/10, 12:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now