Georgia  |  Family Law

Iam in the state of GA seeking a divorce. What forms will I need to download from findlegalforms.com? NO children, our daughter is grown, no assets. Will the forms from the website mentioned; Final judgement and decree of divorce and form Georgia petition for divorce be enough?

Gwen

bkappraisal2@hotmail.com

Thanks

Answered on: 9/20/12, 3:24 pm by Cyrus Malekabadi

No, it will not be enough. Legal zoom will not be enough. A paralegal filling out the documents for you will not be enough.

A lawyer will be enough. There are so many lawyers that will charge you $300 to fill out all the paperwork and get your "uncontested" divorce through. Pretty cheap right?

Good luck!

Law Offices of Cyrus K. Malekabadi 3780 Mansell Rd. Suite 470 Alpharetta, GA 30022

Answered on: 9/20/12, 3:47 pm by Glen Ashman

Looked at the site and it is full of garbage. Needed forms are missing, and some of the forms do not comply with Georgia law. Even if you filled them out perfectly, you'd never get divorced, and you would have wasted $40 and your $206 filing fee.

In your county, for $279 plus those $206 court costs, we do a case with no children, no debts and no property where both parties sign, and you don't have to make trips to the courthouse.

I make a lot of money from people who start from garbage sites like teh one you mentioned, Legalzoom, etc, and then have topay me more than my usual fee to fix what they did. Save yourself some money and do it right.

Feel free to call me at 404-768-3509. And I hope you didn't send the form site any money yet.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344