Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My JUDGMENT OF DIVORCE stipulates my ex-husband must send me 1/3 of his ANNUAL BONUS, which is taxable to me. He is also supposed to send me "official proof" of his original amount so I am assured that I am receiving 1/3. He did not. What are my options?

Asked on 4/04/11, 12:52 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should call your lawyer who will be able to pursue this for you, either informally or in court.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/11, 2:44 pm
Paula McGill Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your husband failed to comply with the order, first ask him by letter, certified mail, return receipt. Next, file a petition for contempt.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/11, 5:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now