Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I live in Georgia. I have primary custody of my daughter my ex wife is trying to dictate eho i date or in a relationship with. My current girlfriend has a son eho is diagnosised with bi-poler and explosive anger issues. He is currently under treatment and sees his thearpiest every week. My ex wife is thearting me by saying that if i dont end my relationship with my girlfriend that she will file for a petition for custody and try to take my daughter away from me. Is that possible?? What should i do???

Asked on 5/08/13, 6:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to speak to a lawyer with details. If you are living with the girlfriend without marriage, or if she can prove that your girlfriend's son is a danger to your child you risk losing custody.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 7:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now