Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

If a male child is 17 and lives with his mother and she puts him out of her house and tells him not to come back, is she breaking the law?

Asked on 5/04/13, 9:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 9:49 pm
Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Parents are required to provide shelter and necessities for their children until they are adults, unless the child is emancipated. In Georgia you are not legally an adult until you turn 18. She is breaking the law. Hopefully you have a family member who will take you in and help sort this out.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/13, 8:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now