Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am married & my husband is overseas awaiting a visa to the USA. I would like sole custody of our daughter for various reasons, but mainly I do not want her removed from the state or the country until I am positive my husband is not playing games with me.

Asked on 2/16/12, 7:32 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You cannot seek sole custody unless you file divorce or separate maintenance

Read more
Answered on 2/16/12, 8:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now