Georgia  |  Family Law

What can I do if the mom of my son give him up and I want him

Answered on: 8/31/13, 9:19 pm by Tahira Piraino

I suggest you immediately schedule an appointment with a family law attorney. I assume you mean she is giving him up for adoption? You provided very little to go on. You need to take the legal step to legitimate your son if you want any rights.

Tahira P. Piraino 3774 LaVista Road, Suite 101 Tucker, GA 30084

Answered on: 9/04/13, 1:17 pm by Robert Gardner

It depends on what you mean by "give him up". If this is a biological child and the adoptive mother no longer has him, you would have to adopt him yourself, which will require an adoption attorney and, most likely, the adoptive mother's consent. The same would be the case if this is not your biological child but a child you have been raising. If custody is what you are talking about, seek the advice of a family law attorney. Either way, I hate to keep saying to see an attorney, but that is what it is going to take. Feel free to re-post or email more specifics for a better answer.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at hmgrmg@yahoo.com, or through our website: hicksmasseyandgardner.com.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680