Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/18/13, 7:22 pm

I have been ordered to appear in court 4 different times on child abandonment by my childs father and his new wife, both they and I live in a different county but they claimed to live in the county where they have filed these actions. I testified to the fact that the have lied about their address, offered a copy of their rental lease at their actual address,the judge still continued the case and forced me to surrender to jail to face the abandonment charge, I now have obtained drivers license records,voter registration records, police records of recent arrests and incedent reports that prove that they reside outside of the county of the court and proof that I have never lived in that county. The Judge is now aware of the purjury and false swearing. Can I sue the plaintiff and of the county for wrongful arrest and or damages

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/18/13, 7:53 pm by Glen Ashman

Almost certainly not. What you can do is do what you should have done 4 court cases ago and obtain legal counsel.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search