Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Can I ask my parents to leave my house for reasons of abuse and causing me a lot of heart ache. I brought them to this country to give them a better life , and not to kill me.

Asked on 6/15/13, 4:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Assuming you own your home, you can evict anyone, including parents. Unless they have a lease with different terms, you must give them 60 days written notice to move. Should they not move by then, you evict them in magistrates court.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now