Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

petition for modification of child custody

My ex wife has primary custody of our two minor children but they have lived with me for the last three years because she cannot care for them. I want to know which legal form I can file to modify the custody agreement so I can be the primary parent. She pays no support and I dont want any. I just want to make sure she can come back and take them after three years and mess their life up.

Asked on 2/11/05, 12:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: petition for modification of child custody

You file a Petition to Modify. It must be filed in the county of her residence. There is no "form" because each Petition is based on different facts and will be different.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/05, 1:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now