Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

PREVIOUS QUESTION:If I am moving to another state, can I take my child with me if her father has no legal rights to her?

ADDITIONAL QUESTION: What are the necessary steps for me to take to ensure that I don't have to make multiple trips back to Georgia for custody hearings? I have made an appointment with an attorney for this Friday. Is this necessary?

Asked on 7/09/13, 5:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It appears Georgia has jurisdiction, and will have so 6 months after any move. Therefore, there is no guarantee that you will not be forced to return to Georgia for custody or visitation hearings during that period.

You were smart to seek the advice of counsel for this matter.

Paula J. McGill


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 6:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now