Georgia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/28/08, 1:51 pm

Recovery of property

I live in Georgia and was awarded personal property by a judge in court. My ex spouse was not present in court. How do I go about retriving my property? I don't think my ex will be willing to give up or admit to having this property, but I know he does.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/29/08, 9:16 am by Charles W. Field

Re: Recovery of property

Make arrangements with your local sheriff. Show them a copy of the order and get them to escort you to get the property.

If that doesn't work, consider a contempt against him. Consult with a local attorney.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law 911 Duluth Hwy., Ste. D-3211 Lawrenceville (north Atlanta), GA 30043

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search