Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I used to reside in Ga up until april 2011 and my then husband up until dec 2010. When at those times we relocated to Nm due to husband miltary obligations. In sept of 2012 we had to visit Ga and my husband served me at this time divorce papers. These were filed 2012 sept and divorce decree issued dec 2012. Due to researching info on child custody I have realized we did not fulfill residency requirements to file for divorce in Ga. I am wondering if due to this if our divorce is actually valid and if so can it be challenged now as it has been 7 months since decree was issued.

Many thanks

Asked on 7/25/13, 6:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You don't get to wait until the case is long over and then retry it. If you had done what you should have done at the time (retained counsel) you could have objected. In waiting until now, your objection was waived.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/13, 7:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now