Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My seventeen year old son is living with his step father after his custodial mother left the home and is dating another man.My question is do I still owe child support to the mother or can I pay directly to my son?This has been going on for a while and I have not been paying support to the mother even though she still says I owe it to her.If I am still legally required to pay,can he become emancipated or do I need to seek custody at his late age?

Asked on 11/17/10, 3:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

We don't have your court orders. You should. Read them.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/10, 3:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now