Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am supposed to receive child support from my children's mother. Since Jan. 2007 I have not received payment. What is my easiest route to collect or to stop visitation rights?

Asked on 1/25/10, 1:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sparticus Heyward The Law Office of Sparticus Heyward, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should consult an attorney about filing a contempt Motion against your ex wife. You are not allowed to stop visitation for failure to pay, only by Court Order. Please feel free to contact my office via phone or email for a free initial consultation.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/10, 1:43 pm
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Well, you can't stop visitation rights based on her non-payment. However, there are other avenues open to you such as contempt, garnishment etc. Consult with a local attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/10, 3:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now