Georgia  |  Family Law

Unauthorized Practice of Law

Facts: Mr. Stan Smith calls his friend, Polly Paralegal, and leaves a message asking, “Do the grounds for divorce in North Carolina include adultery?” Later that day, Mrs. Stan Smith calls Polly Paralegal and leaves a message asking, “Do I have grounds for divorce in North Carolina? I just found out that Stan committed adultery.”

Questions:

If Polly Paralegal answers Mr. Smith’s question, will she have engaged in the unauthorized practice of law? Explain and support your answer with information from at least one authoritative reference source.

If Polly Paralegal answers Mrs. Smith’s question will she have engaged in the unauthorized practice of law? Explain and support your answer with information from at least one authoritative reference source.

The viewpoint and purpose of this 3-page paper should be clearly established and sustained. Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful. Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics. Use the appropriate citation style for all citations. More details can be found in the GEL 1.1 Universal Writing Rubric.

Save your assignment in a Word document and submit it to the Dropbox. Your instructor will grade and provide feedback on your draft.

ID: PA253-08-08-A