Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

My ex boyfriend claims all my and my sons belongings were stolen from his house but I have messages from him threatening to get rid of it and me not be able to prove anything. All my furniture and sons toys, etc. are gone. I kept trying to make arrangements with him to get my things but it was never convenient for him and he kept putting it off. I feel I should be reimbursed for everything I lost. Not only this but I have messages of violent threats from him and more. What should I do as far as getting what I feel I deserve?

Asked on 4/29/10, 12:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Well, you can call the cops and/or sue him in small claims court. If you sue, be prepared to prove the value of the stuff you claim he did away with.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/10, 1:14 pm
Paula McGill Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with the previous answer.

Also, if the items were in fact stolen from his house, he should have called the police to file a police report or at a minimum filed an insurance claim. A robber wouldn't have singled out your items. So, some of his items should be missing.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/10, 11:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now