Georgia  |  Civil Litigation

My ex boyfriend claims all my and my sons belongings were stolen from his house but I have messages from him threatening to get rid of it and me not be able to prove anything. All my furniture and sons toys, etc. are gone. I kept trying to make arrangements with him to get my things but it was never convenient for him and he kept putting it off. I feel I should be reimbursed for everything I lost. Not only this but I have messages of violent threats from him and more. What should I do as far as getting what I feel I deserve?

Answered on: 5/04/10, 1:14 pm by Charles W. Field

Well, you can call the cops and/or sue him in small claims court. If you sue, be prepared to prove the value of the stuff you claim he did away with.

Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law 911 Duluth Hwy., Ste. D-3211 Lawrenceville (north Atlanta), GA 30043

Answered on: 5/10/10, 11:16 am by Paula McGill

I agree with the previous answer.

Also, if the items were in fact stolen from his house, he should have called the police to file a police report or at a minimum filed an insurance claim. A robber wouldn't have singled out your items. So, some of his items should be missing.

Attorney at Law 1100 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 200 Atlanta, GA 30309