Georgia  |  Civil Litigation

What should the first demand amount before on a car accident. Should a lawyer start high or low when sending out demand. A little about the case. 2010 mustang was totaled out by another car and she didn't yield to my car. Air bag on my car came out and ambulance had to force the door open.

Answered on: 9/26/13, 4:51 pm by Glen Ashman

Nothing in your post gives any information on what demand a lawyer should make. Demands depend on the extent of the injuries, liability, which insurer there is, which adjuster is working the case, which doctor treated you, etc. Frankly the initial demand is a bit meaningless as the numbers will fly back and forth. The only predictable number is that people without lawyers get about 80% less on average than people with lawyers. So get a good lawyer and trust his instincts.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Answered on: 9/27/13, 10:39 am by Robert Gardner

The type demand varies by case. Anyone who tells you a percentage to ask for on such little information is not someone you want representing you. Hire an attorney and let them advise you. Remember, you have two claims: one for property damage and one for your injuries, and they should be settled differently.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680