Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

We live on a hill. Due to poor lanscaping design our yard was not draining properly so we added a french drain. Now the lower neighbor is getting run-off and just complained. If we removed a raised flower bed border then the water would all flow downhill into his yard. With the border in place we use the fench drain to remove the water and send it out of the backyard. The water exit point is on our yard but does flow down onto his.

Are we obligated to respond to his complaint?

Asked on 4/26/10, 11:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Yasha Heidari Heidari Power Law Group, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have most likely created a "nuisance" so you probably need to address the issue.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/10, 2:58 pm
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The wording of your question is a bit confusing. However, the bottom line is that if you changed the contour of the land so that your neighbor now is getting runoff, you are liable for his damages. Consult with a local attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/10, 6:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now