Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

I loaned money to my ex boyfriend in the form of cash. The only proof I have are text messages and my bank statements. Will I be able to sue him in Small Claims Court with these documents?

Asked on 11/07/12, 7:59 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Certainly, verbal agreements are generally just as enforceable as written agreements. However, proving the terms of the agreement is the difficulty.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/12, 8:16 am
Paula McGill Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It will be difficult, but not impossible if you have the text messages that indicates the amount borrowed and his acknowledgement of the loan.

Read more
Answered on 11/10/12, 3:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now