Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

I recently evicted my live in (ex) boyfriend in Georgia. He had a chance to get all his property when he left, however he stated he would get things whenever; as a way to try and stay in my house. He agreed to help with the bills he helped accumulate the prior month, but has yet to complete this agreement. It has now been a month since he left and I'm wanting to sell the belongings he left in my house as compensation. Can I do this legally?

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

No you cannot steal his belongings and sell them. That is a crime and you go to jail. You can spend a lot of time and money and attempt to sue in civil court for what you claim he owes you (and you'll want to show the courtr the written agreement you hopefully made to prove that agreement or your chances diminish a great deal).

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms